| Shopping much these days? With the economy still struggling, the answer is probably “no.” Most of us are tightening up our wallets, staying home, and cutting down on extra expenses. But that doesn’t mean holiday gift shopping is out of the equation. You can still shower the people you love with presents, as long as you BUDGET!
Mrs. Lin’s Kitchen carries thousands of beautiful, Asia-inspired designs and products that are useful, thoughtful, unique, and high-quality. From kitchenware to books, good luck items to home décor, it’s all available on our convenient, one-stop-shopping website: MrsLinsKitchen.com.
Best of all, at this time of year, we’ll help you spend just enough to check off every name on your list – without spending a fortune! At Mrs. Lin’s Kitchen, even $5 goes a long way, and $10 will buy you something your friends will never find at the mall. Here’s a just a small sample of our budget-conscious shopping list.
Gifts for $5
Chopsticks! The key to enjoying an authentic Asian meal, chopsticks are a wonderful complement to the table. Your friends can even use them as hair accessories or for various creative projects. If you’re on a budget, find them at Mrs. Lin’s for under $5 a pair. Choose from wooden chopsticks, plastic chopsticks, travel chopsticks, children’s chopsticks, and more. Here are a few samples from our vast collection:
Stationary! It’s that time of year to buy a new planner, so why not get your friends or family a specially designed planner or notebook that you know they’ll use? You can’t get more affordable than this. Here’s what we currently carry for around $5.
Gifts for $10
Ten-dollar gifts that are well-made and a pleasure to give and own? Now that itself is a gift! For an inside tip on what’s selling at Mrs. Lin’s for around $10: charms are always hot! Also, there’s a wonderful amount in store for those on a $10 per person budget.
- Get Charmed!, with our selection of good luck items, like maneki neko figurines to bless your home or storefront, daruma to encourage determination and success, and of course, our lucky charms that are well under $10.
- Get Cooking! with convenient gifts from our Cookware section. Get sushi-lovers a wooden sushi press for under $20, or a spam sushi mold for under $10. We also carry must-have ginger graters, Chinese and Japanese kitchen gadgets, cutlery, and more, for well under $10, and even under $5.
Affordable Gift Baskets
We haven’t even gotten to the tip of Mrs. Lin’s Kitchen’s iceberg of ideas. With so many affordable options like those mentioned above, you can create your own valuable gift sets on a budget, or choose from our prepared gifts sets.
- Here’s an idea! Customize a package for a family you know, with matching chopsticks for mom, dad, and child, along with a chopsticks rest for each to complete the set. We also carry chopsticks gifts sets.
- Cook’s gift set. Cookbooks make a great combination with cookware! Our cookbooks cover various Asian cuisines, our Grocery items cover all those hard-to-find ingredients, and our cookware is designed to make it all happen!
- Must-have tea set. Of course, tea lovers and connoisseurs have a special appreciation for Mrs. Lin’s selection of high-quality teaware that includes yixing and tetsubin teapots. We carry a variety of Asian teasets or cups, saucers, and pots for you to mix and match your own.
- Stunning sake sets. For friends who enjoy hot or cold sake, we carry distinctive sake bottles and matching cups, available in single sets, sets for two, or sets for larger parties.
For those with slightly bigger budgets, visit our Tableware and Home Décor categories for even more bargains. Tableware can be combined in so many ways, with gorgeous Asian nesting bowls, Asian platters, saucers, condiments sets, and so much more. Combine these with incense or candles for the table or with one of our beautiful wall hangings, furoshiki, or noren items. Your friends will never forget the gesture!
Also, more budget-friendly gifts are easy to find in Gift Miscellaneous! See you there, and happy holidays!
|| OUR 2009 NEWSLETTERS
Holiday 2009 Gift Guide: The Year to BUDGET!
Meditate your Stress Away
Sushi Chef Apprentice
Bring a Touch of Asia to your Western Home
The Zen State of Mind: Wake Up!
Chinese Wedding Traditions
Legendary Kuan Yin and Buddha
Mahjong A Game for the ages
MAY WE SUGGEST: