Breaking Wave of Kanagawa Tea Set

Click images above to enlarge

Breaking Wave of Kanagawa Tea Set
Item# T1799
Was: $82.95
SALE: $70.55

Gift Wrap: 

Qty: 

This tea set features Ando Hiroshige, the famous artist from the Ukiyo-e school of art. Many critics clam Hiroshige was the master of this school of art. Each piece of the tea set shows a different woodblock print from his trademark series, called "Fifty Three Stations of the Tokaido". The teapot features "The Breaking Wave of Kanagawa" which consist of a large wave and a fishing boat in the foreground and some more waves and boats in the mid-ground and Mount Fuji in the background. The colors of the picture are grey, blue, and white. The teapot lid has a hole and a thin red line close to the edge. The teapot comes with a stainless steel removable infuser and bamboo handle.

One cup has a depiction of the "Hakone Mountains" they are shown as colorful in the foreground and there is a line of blue, a line of red, and a line of white mountains in the background. The mid-ground shows a lake and it looks as if the mountains surround it.

Another cup has a replication of "Evening Snow at Kambara"; the colors are mostly grey, white and black. As expected it shows a snowy scene, there are three villagers walking past.

The other cup shows the "Nihinbashi" (Japan Bridge), a bridge in the center of Tokyo. The Nihinbashi was the starting point of the Tokaido the series name refers to. The woodblock print shows a daimyo's (ruler's) procession coming over the bridge. You can only see the beginning of the procession which is his servants carrying feather-topped lances to announce his presence.

The last cup shows "Hoeido" another bridge. In the foreground are many people walking across the bridge that stretches across the work into the background. The background shows a village and tall mountains presumably all of which is on the other side of the bridge.

• Teapot Dimension (L 6-1/4" x W 3-1/2" x H 5")
  • Teacup Dimension (D 2-1/4" x H 3")
  • Teapot Capacity (24 fl. oz.)
  • Teacup Capacity (4.5 fl. oz.)
  • Product Wt. (2 lb. 15 oz.)

• Usually ships within 1 to 2 business days

2 Reviews
    100% (2)
    0% (0)
    0% (0)
    0% (0)
    0% (0)
    100% Recommend this product (2 of 2 responses)
    By Renee
    Alberta, Canada
    Such a lovely tea set
    January 29, 2014
    My boyfriend gave me this tea set for Christmas. I was so happy to find this detailed description of each piece. The tea pot is a very lovely shape, and the mesh insert is deeper than I expected, which I really like. I had some quality Japanese tea I bought ages ago, but just didn't use yet. It was so delicious, and I love to stare at the artwork of my cup in between sips. I always thought I would want something more abstract and simple, but this set is so much more interesting. I can't wait to have a friend over for tea and see which cup they pick!
    Pros
    • Deep mesh insert
    • Stays hot for a long time
    Cons
    • None
    By Theresa
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Review for Breaking Wave of Kanagawa Tea Set
    July 9, 2010
    absolutely beautiful

May we also recommend

Need Assistance?
    Customer Service
    Contact Us
    My Account
    About Us
    Site Map
    Policies
    Press

©2024 MrsLinsKitchen.com All Copyrights Reserved.

Don't Miss Out